Update on the requirement for green cards

As we approach the end of the BREXIT transition period, it is possible that the UK and EU will not strike a trade deal. If this is the case, your motor fleet clients will be required to travel with a green card when travelling in the EU from 1st January 2021. Even if a vehicle in your client’s fleet leaves the UK before 1st January 2021, drivers will need a green card for when they return.

What is a green card?

In non-EU countries, a green card proves that your insurance provides the minimum level of cover required in the country your drivers are travelling in. Without a green card, your client’s drivers may be refused entry to countries outside of the UK.

Please ensure your clients are aware that their drivers will need to have a hard copy in the vehicle as copies on a phone are not sufficient and will not be accepted.

Contact us

Please contact your fleet clients as soon as possible, requesting information for every vehicle that will be travelling in the EU from 1st January 2021 and we will issue the green cards for you. Your clients will need to request a green card for each vehicle covered under their insurance policy travelling to the EU.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be in touch again if these requirements change.

Email: sudbury-fleet@milessmith.co.uk

Phone: 01787 379937


Post bottom


Talk to Our Team

020 7977 4800